Page 126 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3124

Thread: sandmans log

Well the drive wasn't really that bad, especially when you have a half price sled in the bed You folks on that side have dug plenty of pot holes on 97 you can stop now! Hit 3 Lakes to check the conditions and almost unloaded it. Thought it best not with a uninspected sled, if there would have been anyone else there I would have. If your riding Diamond for the holiday weekend bring your trail sled, you'll need it... All the cool kids are running fanners this year
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 89sandman; 12-27-14 at 06:33 PM.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Spent a few hours today getting B's sled cleaned to a level I'll accept, which is pretty much spotless Is it a sign you have ocd if you clean your sled with a toothbrush??? Will do the mechanical side tomorrow and have it all ready for this weekend. Trying to decide where to ride Friday, saw they had my nemesis parked at 3 lakes ready to desolate any and all resemblance of fresh They always say they are doing it so you can get to the "good" stuff faster. Well with almost no snow the "good" stuff is what they are extinguishing with every inch they travel. In fact nice, soft fluffy pow is always soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than corduroy why would you ever want to destroy it for some unknown perverted reason? I say if they can have wilderness area's they should have groomerless area's also Isn't it time we end the desolation of fresh soft pow. Hasn't this archaic practice gone on long enough? STOP THE GROOMERS!!!

There was a foot at 3 lakes this morning and the groomer hadn't moved. Passed a few trucks with sleds heading up on my way down.

a good ol Sandman post: Me like.
    Nice lookin new ol sled Sandman; Want me to look up some 1M dress up parts for ya; might have some lying around.

STOP THE GROOMERS - WTF

Going "old school" tomorrow at 3 lakes Got out the retro gear and am ready to go!!! AC baby rules the fresh

Robert, almost headed your way tomorrow but thought it best to take the new long track out for a spin before me and B get out 10 miles from anybody alone. Team green rides again. I know when I closed the shop I think I chucked all my ac stuff, so if you've got some laying around let me know.

STOP THE GROOMERS-MAKE THE MTR'S EARN IT!!!

Well the weather was great yesterday!!! Snow was good but still very little. There was problably 3 feet around the Garwood area, a lot less everywhere else. Me and Mark burned all there was, tried to make the Dog Prairie/Bear Creek loop but were denied about a mile from the bottom of the Dog Prairie road. Did get to spend a little time boondocking up to the back of the Garwood climb, the 136 fan powered monster carved some sweet lines all the way up New sled ran great the whole day. Glad I don't have to ride it every time Gonna head back up tomorrow with the little woman and B to do some trail cruising, need to call Diamond and see if the pizza parlor is open and check the grooming schedule
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I'm digging the green jacket for the green sled- remember it doesn't matter how you ride, it's how you look while you ride...or I was told setting like that! We're over in McCall for the holiday week and the snow is so soft and light and deep it's like the best day I've ever had in Oregon. Pretty socked in today but you could make it just about anywhere if you could see.
    Polaris Pro 162" boosted
    Polaris Pro 155"
    OSSA, Walker Rim Snowmobile club:Crescent lake

Was this the 1M with reverse Ron?
    No longer snowmobiling.

Retro chic

It was the one that the guy couldn't get started.

Just clean the carbs and it fired up?
    No longer snowmobiling.

Went over there and checked for spark first then pulled the plugs primed the cylinders and put in new plugs. It fired until it ran out of prime so drained the tank put in fresh fuel and primed a couple more times that got it running enough to get it in the back of the truck. Got it home and cleaned the carbs and replaced the fuel lines from the tank to the carbs and its ran great since.

Got the day off Thursday and thinking about maybe riding but man its cold If we had some decent snow there would be no question. Probably Bach on Saturday...

MR SANDMAN: Friggin cold here right now in Central Or.... Blower Pow is happin: Dry sh!t, Mang! Wind is howlin up high: doing a lot of 'snow transport' : Deep in places, blue ice in places: look out!

STOP THOSE GROOMERS: WTF MTRS?

1 degrees at Diamond Lake this morning! Gonna wait until double digits show up!

If anyone rides Bach tomorrow if you could post up the snow conditions would appreciate it. We are headed over Saturday

I rode from Three Creeks into Moon/Tumalo on New Years Eve. 0°F dropping into Sisters but warmed up to 22° when we unloaded. The trail smashing machine had done a fair job making that route passable. The roads from Dutchman to Moon and Wanoga to Moon were horrible. I think they were out smoothing them out after dark but cant say for sure. The snow was good and powdery but with so many sleds there was little left untouched. The exposed hills were icy. We got almost to the top of Tumalo and turned around as we had a less experienced rider on my sled and opted to keep the parts bill low. Moon was hammered as usual but overall, the snow was sweet and the visibility was awesome. I think the new guy with us had an awesome experience in Central Oregon.

Thanx for the report! We are gonna hit Kwohl Butte, hopefully will be able to get far enough away from the masses to find some untracked. Should be at Eddison around 9:30

i want to go?

Default Shredding The Butte

What a sweet day of totally destroying the pow between Edison and Kwohl Butte. If you're planning on heading out that way you'd better wait until it snows a good 2-3 feet unless you want to try and follow our lines or the trail The fun begins where the trail ends!!! A BIG shout out to Chris for being our guide today and saving us a lot of wasted time getting us right to the good stuff. Beautiful blue bird skies and great tree riding snow. Spent the whole time tearing it up, just a couple of stucks and a tree here and there that just wouldn't stay out of the way, what doesn't bend or break must be trimmed
    Would also like to say screw off to all the Subaru driving, granola eating, wholesome, earth saving, eco friendly, coexist, twig fairy, tree hugging pieces of crap who decide we must share all with them and they keep theirs for themselves. YOU SUCK
    Did sweat my fat Azz off today and loved every minute of it, nothing better than spending the day in the trees. The pain will feel oh sooooo good tomorrow! Was very nice of all the other people to stick close to the trails so we could enjoy the good stuff. Thank you. With warmer and dry weather predicted for next week looks like it will be a little while before we will get to visit our little green friends again, sounds like a good weekend to do a little riding with B.
    Chris, you need to come down our way if we ever get some snow, will show you a day of roadless bliss far from the masses. Sometimes the ride is well worth the drive

Here's Chris climbing Kwhol, doesn't it look like it was taken from a helicopter right above him? Cool, that's how we roll...

This one's for you Robert, me doing my best Captain Morgan stance on the haul back road, simply awesome!

Shouldn't it say "I dare you" at the bottom of this sign?

Mark why so cranky?

The forbidden land.

Kwohl shelter
    Last edited by 89sandman; 01-04-15 at 01:02 AM.

Yea baby, Sandmans back.

STOP THOSE GROOMERS. FLIP OFF ALL GRANOLA HEADS. T-BONE ALL SUBARUS (Wait, I own one.) SHRED IT UP WTF.

"Wait, I own one" I am literally rolling on the ground right now!!! Gotta give you a call...

Page 126 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast