Page 152 of 155 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 3092

Thread: sandmans log

Like(s)
    Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts

It rained most of the way up but turned to snow about the time we hit the lake. Rode out past Lake West towards the Rogue Umpqua divide where the snow turned to rain until we hit about Fish Creek where it started snowing again. You'll be happy to know we ran out of groomed trails and got into tons of untracked powder! Crossing the snow bridges where the creeks washed out made me really nervous getting into fresh was fun! I am a fan of groomed trails for sure!

Like(s)
    Liked 129 Times in 102 Posts

Here's a few pic's of Nick hitting the bowl at Ash Creek from last weekend down at Shasta. Really missed riding this weekend, guess it will make next weekend just that much better!
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Like(s)

Suzie, I've ridden out to the "great divide" several times myself. There sure is a ton of drainage out there, always did love the snow bridges, can't say as much for the groomed trails

Like(s)
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Awesome pics of the butte!

Like(s)

40 degress up top today, I could hear each snowflake crying...

Like(s)

I'm melting... 40 degrees everywhere, Bach is even showing 37. Looks like the days of deep pow every weekend are done Lets hope for snow next week!
    Last edited by 89sandman; 02-09-17 at 07:00 AM.

Like(s)

High of 49 up top today, better ride while you can looks like the snow down here is going as fast as it came...

Like(s)

Nice to be back, going demo riding Saturday

Like(s)

Truck said 64 on my way to work this morning! Headed to the Lake for the weekend for the poker run. Hope it cools down and dumps some fresh!!

Like(s)

So how was the weather? We called it last night because of the rain, really did want to go and demo the new Cat but just have no interest in riding in the rain Need to build my shop this summer like I was supposed to last year so really shouldn't be buying a new sled until the 19 season. Loving the 16, won't mind one bit riding it next year

Like(s)
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

This was pow from the other day at Bach I took... Dunno, Just like this picture

Like(s)

No rain at all. Lots of fresh powder all weekend. There were so many people up there, it was crazy! I gotta say I was eyeballing that new Cat. It sure is pretty!

Like(s)

Well the rain finally changed over to snow. Looks like about half the snow at the junction has melted. Ride while you can

Like(s)

Should be some awesome conditions for riding this weekend, might be the best pow weekend for the rest of the season. Can't wait to see how the drains are, should make for some interesting riding

Like(s)

COLD this morning, means the nice pow up top is staying fluffy

Like(s)

Some more from Shasta, will be out getting more from home tomorrow...

Like(s)

0 degrees this morning, sooooooo cooooooold!!!

Like(s)

Rode 10 hours today, we tore sh!t up!!!

Like(s)

For those of you who were sick or had better things to do yesterday dare I say you missed a EPIC day of riding! Me and Nick met up down at the spot and headed out for a day in the trees. Took the back way up and had a great time at the creek crossing. Got to do a balancing act climbing from my sled to the bank to knock down the wall on the far side so we could get up, even more fun getting back on. By the time we got about half way up the snow just got better and better. The humps and bumps on the top half are really getting big, add in some swweettt treewells and you get some places you get to take some pretty interesting lines to make it through.

Banged our way all the way past the summit and crossed over to the other side. Came up a little short of the first lake and got to make or way through the Valley of Death. Just a short detour and soon we were to the lake and headed up to the first destination of the day. Trees get more open the farther you go in, by the time you really start to climb the ridge it opens up very nice and is a blast carving up. Gets even better when you get to the last 50 yards and you get to blast through all the windlips. We hit way to the right so had quite a little amount of sidehilling to do to top out at Superbowl.

Got there and was bummed to see the bowl was sluffing all the way across one side with a huge crack about half way up. You know things are getting bad when I'm the voice of reason saying we probably shouldn't go in But the snow up there was unreal, sooooo fluffy and light, just floated down in front of us as we bailed off the other side and carved our way down to the saddle field. Did a little playing and then headed back to the ridge to pull some wicked sidehills. Started sidehillng back to the ridge and could feel the bowl pulling me down to it. Was probably a 1/4 of the way down before I broke the spell and turned up the hill The dry pow was awesome, could churn as far up as you could until you were going almost zero, then push the front end over and side hill out to the top. Nice beautiful hills with just a couple of trees here and there to give you something to try and highmark before you had to sidehill out. Just perfect.

Could have played there all day, and plan on doing that hopefully before the end of the season, but had lots of other destinations floating in my head so was time to head out. Pulled some great lines on the way down, especially over some of the windlips that were blown out on the other side. Made our way back across the great divide and motocrossed our way back down the back way over to our next goal, the marsh drain. Snow hasn't been good enough to get in here the last couple of years but was perfect today. Criss crossed and jumped our way up to the marsh and tore it up following the drain up and around. It was a total blast.

Then headed out to the lake a couple of ridges over. Trees get tighter the farther you go this way and made some nice lines up the last ridge and came out right at the lake. Sure is nice to have that 3 inch track in places like this where there is no stopping but you can slow down enough to pick lines that get you all the way up. Kudos Cat. Was getting real close to dark now and we still had quite a ways to go before getting back to a road so we left our marks on the lake and headed back down to the loop. Now the trees really start to get tight, had to do a little thinning here and there on the way down. About 200 yards from the loop came up to a spot where the only way through was blocked by a downed tree. So we got to a little logging in the dark. Just another day at the office.

Finally hit the loop and thought why ride where the pow killer had gone all the way back. So we tore up the banks to the top of the loop and shredded the middle road across to the other side. Only lost our way once and that's not bad in the dark. Nothing like banging trees by headlight, especially fun when you dive in and your headlight gets covered with pow. Need to put little wipers on there.

Got to the other side of the loop and burned trail back to the trucks. Started at 10 and back at 8, was a great day!!!
    Last edited by 89sandman; 02-26-17 at 09:59 PM.

20. The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Like(s)
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

here is a few photos of the awesome this weekend! Sorry there sidewaysName:  IMG_1193.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  74.8 KBName:  IMG_1179.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  132.8 KBHer Name:  IMG_1156.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  116.3 KBName:  IMG_1156.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  116.3 KBName:  IMG_1164.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  143.6 KBName:  IMG_1176.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  115.7 KB
    Last edited by Be.ndi711; 02-27-17 at 08:02 PM.

22. Post Likes:

Page 152 of 155 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154 ... LastLast