Thread: Ski-Doo 800 E-TEC

Like(s)
    Liked 24 Times in 13 Posts

Default Ski-Doo 800 E-TEC

Valcourt, Qué. – BRP is expanding its revolutionary E-TEC engine technology in Ski-Doo snowmobiles with the introduction of the much anticipated Rotax E-TEC 800R engine.

This lightweight two-stroke engine uses sophisticated electronic injectors and a powerful central computer to deliver stunning improvements in performance, efficiency and ease-of-use. This engine debuts in a limited build 2010 Ski-Doo MX Z X-package sled.

“This is a no compromise engine. Not only does it generate more power, but it sets new benchmarks for fuel and oil economy,” said Bob Lumley, vice-president, sales and marketing, Ski-Doo/Sea-Doo. “In fact, the new E-TEC 800R engine is up to 37 percent better than our competitors in fuel economy.”

Benefits of the 800R E-TEC engine include:

- horsepower exceeding the PowerT.E.K. 800;
    - outstanding fuel economy: 19 mpg (12.3 l/100 km);
    - great fuel range: 202 miles (325km);
    - increased oil economy: 264 miles/quart (450 km/l);
    - virtually no smoke or smell;
    - lower emissions than any other 800cc snowmobile on the market;
    - first pull starts every time;
    - super smooth, refined idle;
    - significantly lighter throttle pull;
    - automatic break-in function;
    - automatic summerization function.

BRP first introduced the E-TEC technology in its Evinrude outboard engines in 2003 and subsequently won the Clean Air Technology Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Adapted later on for Ski-Doo snowmobiles, it was first brought to the market in 2008 with the Rotax E-Tec 600 H.O. engine. Since then, it has become the industry’s best-selling 600cc engine and has won numerous industry awards.

“This introduction reflects the outstanding innovative capabilities of BRP, especially in expanding environmentally friendly technologies,” said Yves Leduc, vice- president and general manager, North America division. “Transferring technology and know-how from one product to another demonstrates the strength and capabilities of our design and engineering teams. It also extends our products’ leadership farther and faster.”

A limited number of black 2010 Ski-Doo MX Z X snowmobiles powered by the new engine will be available for purchase at North American BRP dealers in the next few days.

So consumers can experience this remarkable new engine, a demo tour of the Ski-Doo MX Z X 800R E-Tec sleds will be travelling the snowbelt for the remainder of the winter (a schedule of events is available on ski-doo.com). Plus, a handful of Summit E-TEC 800R models will be available as demonstration units.

Like(s)
    Liked 64 Times in 48 Posts

wow.202 miles per tank.im beat at 70 mileswonder how much $$$$$ for one

Like(s)
    Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts

I was waiting for them to come out with a DI (Direct Injected) 800. I was hoping they would........And now its going to happen. They seam to be always one step ahead of everyone!
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
    2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
    2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP
    ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784

Like(s)
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I would just like to eventually see Doo or Polaris make a reliable 800. It will interesting to see how this one works in the long haul.

Like(s)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Batz View Post
    I would just like to eventually see Doo or Polaris make a reliable 800. It will interesting to see how this one works in the long haul.
    Amen! Seriously...I can't think of another industry that puts out such unreliable machinery - and it's not like you're gonna just get stranded on the road somewhere - you break down you may only be found w/ your broke down sled in the spring thaw.

I wanted an 800 but won't touch one til they make one that's reliable - don't care if it's the highest hp - just light weight, decent power and reliable...why's that so freaking hard?

Won't touch this etec any time soon - seems they still have issues w/ the 600 etec - and their 800 carb'd engines.

Hey Honda...you listening???

Like(s)
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

I have never had a SkiDoo engine fail me. I have had a Poo break a crank and the dealer told me they do that like clock work. Don't know much about Yammy or Cat. Just my .02
    2011 Pro 155

03 Summit 550 fan

crosscreekgc.com

tournamentcut.com

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and
    well preserved body, But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally
    worn out, and loudly proclaiming
    WOW----WHAT----A RIDE!!!

Like(s)
    Liked 64 Times in 48 Posts

imo the newer 800r is better running and more reliable than poo or cat with no rich,lean or boggy problems.first year sleds are kinda scary but if 800 etec works they will be light years ahead of the pack.

Like(s)
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1badhusky View Post
    Amen! Seriously...I can't think of another industry that puts out such unreliable machinery - and it's not like you're gonna just get stranded on the road somewhere - you break down you may only be found w/ your broke down sled in the spring thaw.

I wanted an 800 but won't touch one til they make one that's reliable - don't care if it's the highest hp - just light weight, decent power and reliable...why's that so freaking hard?

Won't touch this etec any time soon - seems they still have issues w/ the 600 etec - and their 800 carb'd engines.

Hey Honda...you listening???
    That was the main reason I went with a 700 RMK vs the 800 model. The new 800's have already been recalled for piston problems.

Like(s)
    Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    imo the newer 800r is better running and more reliable than poo or cat with no rich,lean or boggy problems.first year sleds are kinda scary but if 800 etec works they will be light years ahead of the pack.
    You are right about that Moon! Too bad that none of them make a good old triple again! Especially Yamaha....JMHO
    Wes Adams
    Mr.Triple
    Gotta have a Triple in the crowd!
    2000 Yamaha 700 Mountain Max
    2000 Polaris 1200 Triple Mod Sled
    2001 Polaris 600 Edge X
    2001 Polaris 500 SP
    ***2005 RMK Mod Sled, Triple, Homemade Tunnel***

http://www.hillsideauto.org/

www.facebook.com/HillsideAuto1

http://www.amsoil.com/index.aspx?zo=1987784