PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used this 2 stroke oil?

Ford428CJ
03-08-10, 11:25 AM
ZX2SR or ZX2R oil from Legends Performance. If so, how do you like it?

Neat video....
http://www.legendperformance.com/informationvideo.asp

Kilroy
03-08-10, 01:44 PM
I'd buy it, if they would bring us some of that pow featured in the film!!! :D

_DJ_
03-08-10, 11:16 PM
I have used it since last year. Seems to work well with low smell. Have not pulled my power valves yet but this is where is should do really well.

DJ

Ford428CJ
03-09-10, 06:06 PM
I have used it since last year. Seems to work well with low smell. Have not pulled my power valves yet but this is where is should do really well.

DJ

Let us know your results! Where did you buy it???:D

_DJ_
03-09-10, 11:57 PM
I ordered a case from these guys.
http://www.exhaustgas.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=1778&DepartmentID=12&CategoryID=88&BasketID=&RepID=
Would like to find a local dealer.

clutch man
03-13-10, 01:55 PM
ZX2SR or ZX2R oil from Legends Performance. If so, how do you like it?

Neat video....
http://www.legendperformance.com/informationvideo.asp

One thing to think about this is a blend oil has petroleum in it. petroleum is a carbon bas oil when it burns you get ash and carbon. use a full synthetic no ash or cardon note carbon is a 2 strokes worst enemy.
the 2 best oils out there out amsoil interspter and red line.

PS great vidio

Ford428CJ
03-13-10, 02:59 PM
One thing to think about this is a blend oil has petroleum in it. petroleum is a carbon bas oil when it burns you get ash and carbon. use a full synthetic no ash or cardon note carbon is a 2 strokes worst enemy.
the 2 best oils out there out amsoil interspter and red line.

PS great vidio

I have used Amsoil & Red Line in my sleds. I have been using Super Tech from Wally World. Just because the price jumped up on Red Line oil. Just not sold on full synthitic oils. JMHO
Most oils are suppose to be "ASHLESS" now a days. Thought I would try a blended oil and maybe get the best of both worlds....

dlynn
04-29-10, 06:13 AM
I am a bit confused with the video. They show all the pistons with the different oils used. I have always been under the impression that "Piston Wash" was a fuel related issue. I do agree you are burning oil with the fuel however when the center of the piston is clean it has "as my pea brain see's it" meant there is way to much fuel or water passing over the piston top. Maybe some of you tech types can enlighten me on that.

The ring blow by photos I am not sure about. I guess they are saying there oil lubricates better than the oils that have been on the market for many years with proven track records. Anything is possible. I don't want to be the tester for a new oil to find out it worked great except for one little problem.

Great information....thank you....I think I will stick to my Amsoil until the verdict comes back.

We can be assured if their oil pans out and becomes a popular product they will bring the price up to match the other big boys.

Movin
04-29-10, 01:04 PM
Amsoil synthetic contains petroleum distillates. Both Red line and Amsoil contain over 10% synthetic esters in their base stock and their additive package to legally use the advertising term "synthetic". Both these oils as do other 2 stroke oils produce carbon and oxides of nitrogen when burned. What makes these oils a higher quality is the ratio of synthetic esters for a wider temperature range and the additive package contains better detergents to wash away the carbon.

The advertising of oils is very misleading, and political. 2 cycle oil with more synthetic esters can run at a higher ratio and still lubricate as well as another oil at a normal ratio, relatively speaking.

Use whatever oil you like with a good detergent package, as evidenced by reports here and what mechanics see. The engine will fail some day from another cause, not because red line might be better than amsoil or whatever that other stuff was. I'm with Kilroy, I'll run it if they take me where that video was shot!

Movin
04-29-10, 01:16 PM
I am a bit confused with the video. They show all the pistons with the different oils used. I have always been under the impression that "Piston Wash" was a fuel related issue. I do agree you are burning oil with the fuel however when the center of the piston is clean it has "as my pea brain see's it" meant there is way to much fuel or water passing over the piston top. Maybe some of you tech types can enlighten me on that.

The ring blow by photos I am not sure about. I guess they are saying there oil lubricates better than the oils that have been on the market for many years with proven track records. Anything is possible. I don't want to be the tester for a new oil to find out it worked great except for one little problem.

Great information....thank you....I think I will stick to my Amsoil until the verdict comes back.

We can be assured if their oil pans out and becomes a popular product they will bring the price up to match the other big boys.
You are correct. When someone is selling something don't believe what you see and hear. Somebody will try it. If you do not have a carbon issue now you won't lose an engine because the oil was not good enough.

Maize
09-14-10, 12:45 PM
Don't buy into all the hype about synthetic oils in 2-stroke oils.

All the qualities that make synthetic oil a great product for 4-strokes is a waste in 2-strokes. Oil doesn't spend enough time in a 2-stroke break down even mineral based oils.

I will give that some synthetics do possibly smoke a little less, but other than that....don't waste the extra money unless you like the way it smells. Don't buy it for performance.

My trail sled has almost 8,000 miles on it. I have run Ski-Doo mineral oil in it since brand new. I do regular maint each fall before the season.

I just dropped in Kelsey's 840BB kit and kept the old cylinders and pistons. I will reinstall those if I sell the sled...they are still in THAT good of shape.

Ford428CJ
09-16-10, 04:34 PM
Don't buy into all the hype about synthetic oils in 2-stroke oils.

All the qualities that make synthetic oil a great product for 4-strokes is a waste in 2-strokes. Oil doesn't spend enough time in a 2-stroke break down even mineral based oils.

I will give that some synthetics do possibly smoke a little less, but other than that....don't waste the extra money unless you like the way it smells. Don't buy it for performance.

My trail sled has almost 8,000 miles on it. I have run Ski-Doo mineral oil in it since brand new. I do regular maint each fall before the season.

I just dropped in Kelsey's 840BB kit and kept the old cylinders and pistons. I will reinstall those if I sell the sled...they are still in THAT good of shape.

Good Point!!!

theregularguy
09-20-10, 09:07 AM
Good Point!!!
very good point.

kenkeri
11-21-10, 06:46 PM
I'm not an oil engineer, but through my trials and errors, I prefer Klotz. Has anyone on here ever used Klotz Techniplate TC-3 snowmobile oil? Most that have used it swear by it for performance, and it smells awesome! No more wattery eyes, just don't let anyone catch you sniffin the tailpipe!

master
11-21-10, 07:07 PM
I have been using Blue Marble for over 5 years with no problems.

Ford428CJ
11-21-10, 07:09 PM
Think that I'll stick with Super Tech oil for now. It works great and its cheep on the ole pocket book ! LOL

Kilroy
11-21-10, 07:51 PM
Think that I'll stick with Super Tech oil for now...

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs047.gif Doode, really? Supertech... I use that cheap stuff in my wife's sled only, because I want it to blow up. That way she'll have to step up to my Edge so I can buy a newer sled.

(Just pokin' ya, it is cheap - and I've never had any problems with it. I use Blue Marble in my sled)

Kilroy

p.s. BTW Ford, ya missed a really sweet ride today with ProRider, BC_Dan, Me, and my family... We were pushing snow over the hoods all day up at Medicine.

master
11-21-10, 08:10 PM
Medicine? Is there enough snow to get off the trail?

BCDan
11-21-10, 08:30 PM
Nope. There was 2' at the lake, with zero base. It really needs to pack down some before we can head off the trails...

Prorider's new 800 is one SWEET ride! wow.

master
11-21-10, 09:00 PM
Just got me exited for a minute. Whew Thought I was missing something.

Ford428CJ
11-22-10, 05:17 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs047.gif Doode, really? Supertech... I use that cheap stuff in my wife's sled only, because I want it to blow up. That way she'll have to step up to my Edge so I can buy a newer sled.

(Just pokin' ya, it is cheap - and I've never had any problems with it. I use Blue Marble in my sled)

Kilroy

p.s. BTW Ford, ya missed a really sweet ride today with ProRider, BC_Dan, Me, and my family... We were pushing snow over the hoods all day up at Medicine.

Long as the oil meets the ratings LOL. Otherwise..... POW, now you got a problem.
Sounds like it might be a good year already! You went out before T-Day. Thats a good sign for sure!